Use Graphs in QuickBooks Pro- Tutorial
Use Graphs in QuickBooks Pro: Overview
You can use graphs in QuickBooks Pro to see a visual representation of report data. You can use graphs in QuickBooks Pro to view your data as either a bar graph or a pie chart. However, the “Budget vs. Actual” and “Net Worth” graphs are exceptions to this rule.
The bar graphs and pie charts are just different ways of presenting the same information you view in reports. QuickBooks has six types of graphs that can provide up to 15 different views of your data. The types of graphs available are shown in the following table below.
|Income and Expense Graph||Show the company’s income and expenses for the date range that you specify.|
|Sales Graph||Shows your company’s sales income for the period that you specify.|
|Accounts Receivable Graph||Shows how much your customers owe your company.|
|Accounts Payable Graph||Shows how much your company owes its vendors.|
|Net Worth Graph||Shows your company’s net worth.|
|Budget vs. Actual Graph||Shows the difference between budgeted and actual amounts earned or spent.|
Use Graphs in QuickBooks Pro- Tutorial: A picture of the Income and Expense Graph in QuickBooks Pro 2017.
The QuickInsight graphs that QuickBooks Desktop Pro produces have several features in common. Every graph, except “Net Worth” and “Budget vs. Actual,” shows a bar graph in the top half of the graph. They also show a pie chart in the bottom half of the graph. The bar graph shows totals of the data, broken down by a specified period. The pie chart shows a summary total of some type of data from the bar graph above it.
Also, every graph comes with a graph toolbar. The toolbar lets you customize the graphs in much the same way as reports. Like reports, you can also use QuickZoom in a graph to see the actual numbers represented by the graph items. This then typically produces summary reports you can continue to QuickZoom to show the transactions summarized by the graph totals.
Use Graphs in QuickBooks Pro: Instructions
- To use graphs in QuickBooks, click the “Reports” command in the Menu Bar.
- The graphs appear in the associated report categories under the “Reports” command in the Menu Bar.
- In the desired report category, click the name of the graph to display.
- To change the data shown in the graph, use the toolbar at the top of the graph window.
- To change the date range of the graph data, use the drop-down in the toolbar.
- If you want to view a detailed report for a graph item using QuickZoom, double-click the graph object.
- This will open another graph or another report which you can then also QuickZoom.
Use Graphs in QuickBooks Pro: Video Lesson
The following video lesson, titled “Using Graphs,” shows how to use graphs in QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2017. This video lesson is from our complete QuickBooks training, titled “Mastering QuickBooks Made Easy v.2017.”
- Access 2010
- Access 2013
- Access 2016
- CPE Information for CPAs
- Crystal Reports
- Excel 2010
- Excel 2013
- Excel 2016
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Excel Training for Lawyers
- Microsoft Office Online
- Microsoft Outlook Training for Lawyers
- Microsoft Word Training for Lawyers
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
- OneNote 2013
- OneNote 2016
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook on the Web
- Photoshop Elements
- PowerPoint 2010
- PowerPoint 2013
- PowerPoint 2016
- Project 2013
- Publisher 2010
- Publisher 2013
- Publisher 2016
- Quickbooks Online
- QuickBooks Training for Lawyers
- Resume Writing
- Small Business Accounting
- What's New at TeachUcomp?
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Word 2010
- Word 2013
- Word 2016
- Word Online