Categorize Items in Outlook on the Web – Tutorial
Categorize Items in Outlook on the Web: Overview
You can categorize items in Outlook on the Web in the Mail, Calendar, or Tasks folders. To do this, right-click the item and choose “Categorize” from the list. You then choose one of the listed categories to assign the item to that category. The category selected is visually represented by a small bar that is the color of the category you selected.
You can also clear the categories assigned to an item. To do this, right-click the item and select “Categorize” from the pop-up menu. Then click “Clear categories” to remove an item from its assigned category.
When creating new Calendar items, you can set the category while you are creating it. To do this, click the “More” dots in the menu list at the top of the item creation pane. Then select “Categorize” and choose a category.
Categorize Items in Outlook on the Web – Tutorial: A picture of a user categorizing an item while creating it in Outlook on the Web.
You can also add a “Charm,” or small graphic image, to your Calendar events or Tasks. This helps you to further categorize the item. To add a charm to a calendar item, click the “Charm” dropdown at the top of the item creation window. Then choose from the displayed options.
Categorize Items in Outlook on the Web: Instructions
- To assign a category to a Mail, Calendar or Task item, right-click the item and hover over “Categorize.”
- Choose a category from the list. A small, vertical bar of color, matching the category you chose, appears at the right side of the item.
- To clear a category from an item, right-click the item and hover over “Categorize.”
- Then click “Clear categories” to remove that item from the category.
- To assign a category to a Calendar or Task item when creating it, click the “More” dots and hover over “Categorize.”
- Then choose a category from the list to assign it to item you are creating.
- To add a “Charm” to Calendar or Task items, click the “Charm” dropdown at the top of the creation pane.
- Then choose from one of the displayed graphics.
Categorize Items in Outlook on the Web: Video Lesson
The following video lesson, titled “Categorizing Items,” shows how to categorize items in Outlook on the Web. This video lesson is from our complete Outlook on the Web training, titled “Mastering Outlook on the Web Made Easy v.2016.”
- The Style Inspector Pane in Word: Overview ...
- Find New Content in Shared Notebooks in OneNote...
- Open Images in Photoshop Elements: Overview ...
- Duplicate an Estimate in QuickBooks Pro: Overvi...
- Replace Color in Photoshop Elements: Overview ...
- Access 2010
- Access 2013
- Access 2016
- CPE Information for CPAs
- Crystal Reports
- Excel 2010
- Excel 2013
- Excel 2016
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Excel Training for Lawyers
- Microsoft Office Online
- Microsoft Outlook Training for Lawyers
- Microsoft Word Training for Lawyers
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
- OneNote 2013
- OneNote 2016
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook on the Web
- Photoshop Elements
- PowerPoint 2010
- PowerPoint 2013
- PowerPoint 2016
- Project 2013
- Project 2016
- Publisher 2010
- Publisher 2013
- Publisher 2016
- Quickbooks Online
- QuickBooks Training for Lawyers
- Resume Writing
- Small Business Accounting
- What's New at TeachUcomp?
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Word 2010
- Word 2013
- Word 2016
- Word Online