Create a Quick Note in OneNote – Instructions
Create a Quick Note in OneNote: Overview
You can easily create a Quick Note in OneNote. The Quick Notes section is a holding area for content you haven’t yet put into an organizational structure. It also holds content you send to OneNote from other programs. Therefore, a Quick Note is not attached to any particular notebook, section or page. The Quick Notes section is part of the OneNote application. It is also shared by all your notebooks, so any content you add there is stored until you move it.
Let’s examine a situation where you might use a quick note. Assume you are in a meeting. Also assume you want to take a quick note, but don’t want to open the OneNote application and navigate to the correct notebook, section and page. In this situation, you can create a note and store it in OneNote for future organization.
The easiest way to create a Quick Note in OneNote is to use the keyboard shortcut. You can use this method anywhere within the Windows operating system. To do this, hold down the Windows key on your keyboard. Then press the “N” key to display a mini-window within which you can add your note. This small window is actually a different view of the OneNote program. From this window, you can view the entire application by clicking the “Normal View” button in the upper-right corner of the window.
Create a Quick Note in OneNote – Instructions: A picture of the OneNote mini-window used to take a Quick Note.
After creating your quick note, you can close the window by clicking the “X” in its upper-right corner. When you display the Quick Notes section of the OneNote application, you can see the notes you sent there. To display the Quick Notes section, click the “Notebook” drop-down and choose “Quick Notes” at the bottom of the list.
Each quick note you create is added to its own page. You can select the note by first selecting the page and then clicking the note. At that point, you can copy and paste it or cut and paste it into any page in any notebook section you wish.
Create a Quick Note in OneNote: Instructions
- To create a Quick Note in OneNote on a Windows computer, hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the “N” key to display a mini-window to add your note.
- Then create your note by adding text, images, links or whatever other information you choose.
- Click the “X” in the upper-right corner to close the Window.
Create a Quick Note in OneNote: Video Lesson
The following video lesson, titled “Quick Notes,” shows how to create a quick note in OneNote. This video lesson on how to create a quick note in OneNote is from our complete OneNote tutorial, titled “Mastering OneNote Made Easy v.2016-2013.”
- The Style Inspector Pane in Word: Overview ...
- Find New Content in Shared Notebooks in OneNote...
- Open Images in Photoshop Elements: Overview ...
- Duplicate an Estimate in QuickBooks Pro: Overvi...
- Replace Color in Photoshop Elements: Overview ...
- Access 2010
- Access 2013
- Access 2016
- CPE Information for CPAs
- Crystal Reports
- Excel 2010
- Excel 2013
- Excel 2016
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Excel Training for Lawyers
- Microsoft Office Online
- Microsoft Outlook Training for Lawyers
- Microsoft Word Training for Lawyers
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
- OneNote 2013
- OneNote 2016
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook on the Web
- Photoshop Elements
- PowerPoint 2010
- PowerPoint 2013
- PowerPoint 2016
- Project 2013
- Project 2016
- Publisher 2010
- Publisher 2013
- Publisher 2016
- Quickbooks Online
- QuickBooks Training for Lawyers
- Resume Writing
- Small Business Accounting
- What's New at TeachUcomp?
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Word 2010
- Word 2013
- Word 2016
- Word Online