Duplicate an Estimate in QuickBooks Pro – Instructions
Duplicate an Estimate in QuickBooks Pro: Overview
You can duplicate an estimate in QuickBooks Pro to create multiple estimates for the same job, if needed. For example, you may need to do this if you have a client that needs a few different pricing options for a job, and thus needs multiple estimates for the same job. You can easily duplicate and modify an existing estimate, versus creating an entirely new estimate for the same job, to save time performing data entry.
To duplicate an estimate in QuickBooks Pro, first display the estimate you want to duplicate within the “Estimates” window. Select “Edit| Duplicate Estimate” from the Menu Bar to duplicate an estimate in QuickBooks Pro. You should then see the next highest available estimate number appear within the “Estimate #” field. Edit the new estimate’s details by changing the information contained in its line item area. Be sure to save the new estimate you create by clicking either the “Save & Close” or “Save & New” button.
Duplicate an Estimate in QuickBooks Pro – Instructions: A picture of a user duplicating an estimate in QuickBooks Pro.
If you do not want to create a second estimate for a job by duplicating an existing estimate, you can always create a new estimate for the same job from scratch, if you prefer. Also, if you choose to duplicate an estimate in QuickBooks Pro, be careful when you select the “Duplicate Estimate” command from the Menu Bar, as it is located right next to the “Delete Estimate” command in the drop-down menu.
Duplicate an Estimate in QuickBooks Pro: Instructions
- To duplicate an estimate in QuickBooks Pro, display the estimate to duplicate within the “Estimates” window.
- Select “Edit| Duplicate Estimate” from the Menu Bar to duplicate the estimate. You should then see the next highest estimate number appear within the “Estimate #” field.
- Edit the estimate’s details, as needed, by changing the information in the line item area of the new estimate.
- To print the estimate to send to the customer, click the “Print” button within the “Main” tab of the Ribbon at the top of the “Estimates” window.
- Click either the “Save & Close” or “Save & New” button.
Duplicate an Estimate in QuickBooks Pro: Video Lesson
The following video lesson, titled “Duplicating Estimates,” shows you how to duplicate an estimate in QuickBooks Pro. This video lesson is from our complete QuickBooks Pro tutorial, titled “Mastering QuickBooks Made Easy v.2018.”
- The Recompose Tool in Photoshop Elements: Overv...
- Print a Report in QuickBooks Pro: Overview ...
- Apply Fills in Photoshop Elements: Overview ...
- The Style Inspector Pane in Word: Overview ...
- Find New Content in Shared Notebooks in OneNote...
- Access 2010
- Access 2013
- Access 2016
- CPE Information for CPAs
- Crystal Reports
- Excel 2010
- Excel 2013
- Excel 2016
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Excel Training for Lawyers
- Microsoft Office Online
- Microsoft Outlook Training for Lawyers
- Microsoft Word Training for Lawyers
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
- OneNote 2013
- OneNote 2016
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook on the Web
- Photoshop Elements
- PowerPoint 2010
- PowerPoint 2013
- PowerPoint 2016
- Project 2013
- Project 2016
- Publisher 2010
- Publisher 2013
- Publisher 2016
- Quickbooks Online
- QuickBooks Training for Lawyers
- Resume Writing
- Small Business Accounting
- What's New at TeachUcomp?
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Word 2010
- Word 2013
- Word 2016
- Word Online