A Reference Guide Full of Office Tips
Many users who are already familiar with using the products contained in the Microsoft Office 2013 suite of products may only need a quick tip on how to perform common tasks. You can find many common Office tips contained in our handy Microsoft Office 2013 Basics Quick Reference Guide. This two page laminated guide contains introductory tips and tricks used within many of the programs within the Microsoft Office suite of products. This guide works as a perfect compliment to our “Mastering Microsoft Office Made Easy v. 2013-2007” training!
Within the guide, the Office tips are organized into categories, such as “Interface Basics” and “File Management.” Each set of tips on a subject, such as “Using the Ribbon” or “Saving Documents,” is numbered and organized for order and clarity of direction. Below is an example of the tips under “Using the Ribbon” in the “Interface Basics” category. After reading this, you can view this tip and more Office tips by clicking the sample image of the Microsoft Office 2013 Basics Quick Reference Guide shown at the beginning of this blog post.
Using the Ribbon
- To hide and show the contents in the Ribbon, double-click the active tab in the Ribbon.
- To change button groups shown in the Ribbon, click the tabs at the top of the Ribbon.
- To show or hide “Contextual” tabs, click to select or click away to de-select the object.
- To access commands, click a Ribbon tab and use the buttons, boxes, and menus within the command groups of the active tab.
- To access advanced options, click the “Dialog Box Launcher” button in the lower-right corner of a button group, if available.