If you ordered a Product Key Card or Online Key Card, please refer to the instructions included in your PKC package.
If you ordered a digital download product from our website, you can access it from your account. Log into your account here. Once you are logged in, you can access any digital downloads you have purchased by clicking the "My Downloads" link in the "My Account" area.
Step 1: Download
1. Click the blue box in the "Download" column for the product which you would like to download. Click "Save" when prompted to begin the download. The file will begin to download to your computer's default download location (usually your "Downloads" folder of your 'C' drive).
Step 2: Installing Digital Courses:
1. The downloaded file will be a .zip file. This is a compressed file due to the size of the video lessons. Download times will vary depending on your internet connection. Once the .zip file is downloaded, navigate to the downloaded file's location on your computer.
2. Next, you must extract the files. Right-click on the zipped folder. Then left-click either the "Extract" or "Extract All" command in the pop-up menu that appears. Select a destination folder for the extracted files using the "Browse" button. When you are ready, click "Extract."
3. Once the files are completely extracted, navigate to the new UNZIPPED folder in the location where you saved it. Double-click the <strong>"Read Me - Instructions and License Agreement" PDF file</strong> within the unzipped files and folders to open it.
4. Follow the instructions within the "Read Me - Instructions and License Agreement" PDF file to finish installing your digital download.
Old MAC Installation Instructions for Older Digital Courses on Mac OSX (Pre-Catalina)
Note that as of Mac OSX Catalina, our older digital downloads will not work, as they were 32-bit apps. New versions of these apps are produced as we create the next version of that course. However, if running OSX on a pre-Catalina version, and you wish to install an older software course app, you can follow these instructions to do that:
1. As your product downloads, the folder should be automatically uncompressed by the OSX system.
2. After the download is finished, open the "Downloads" folder within the "Finder" program. One way that this can be accomplished is by holding down the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard and then clicking the "Downloads" folder icon within the Dock at the bottom of the desktop. Then click the "Open Downloads" command in the pop-up menu that appears.
3. You should see your product folder displayed within the "Downloads" folder. Note the name of the folder for Step #5.
4. Open a “Terminal” window. Terminal is accessible within the “Utilities” folder in the “Applications” folder.
5. Within the “Terminal” window, copy and paste the following command and press the "Enter"
key. Important! Replace "FolderName" with the exact name of the folder you downloaded (folder name is case-sensitive).
xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine ~/Downloads/FolderName/
6. Double-click or single-click the product folder, depending on your view of the "Downloads" folder, to open it and to view its contents. Find the "Application" icon within this folder (it looks like a white "U" within a large blue circle). Then right-click or hold the "Ctrl" key down and left-click this icon to display a pop-up menu of choices.
7. Select the "Open" choice from the pop-up menu.
8. A message box may appear, informing you that the program is created by an unidentified developer and asking if you wish to open it. Click the "Open" button within this dialog box to continue and open the product. Note that this message box will only appear the first time you open the program.
9. In the future you may simply double-click the icon in order to open the program.