Manage Categories in Outlook Web App- Tutorial
Manage Categories in Outlook Web App: Overview
The Outlook Web App contains some default categories, labeled with the name of a color, that allow you to label your Mail, Calendar and Task items. You can manage categories in Outlook Web App to create new categories and edit existing categories by right-clicking an item and selecting “Categorize.” Then click “Manage categories” to open a popup window.
Manage Categories in Outlook Web App- Tutorial: A picture of the “Manage categories” popup window.
You can change the color swatch for a category by clicking the downward arrow on the selected category and choosing a new color. You can delete a category by clicking the “X” on the right side of the category name. A warning popup box will open to confirm you want to delete a category. If you delete a category, any items assigned to that category will not be affected.
You can create a new category by clicking “Add new category.” A popup box will open where you will choose the color for the category and enter the name of the category. Click “OK” to save your new category.
Manage Categories in Outlook Web App: Instructions
- To create a category, right-click on a mail item and hover over “Categorize.”
- Click “Manage categories” to open a popup pane. Click “Add new category.”
- Click the dropdown arrow to choose a color for your category. Enter a name for your category in the supplied text box.
- Click “OK” to save your new category. You newly created category is added to the list.
- To delete a category, click the “X” on the right side of the category title in the “Manage categories” pane.
- Click “OK” to confirm deleting the category. Items previously assigned a category you delete will not be affected.
Manage Categories in Outlook Web App: Video Lesson
The following video lesson, titled “Creating and Managing Categories,” shows you how to manage categories in Outlook Web App. This video lesson is from our complete Outlook Web App course, titled “Mastering Outlook on the Web Made Easy v.2016.”