Manage Categories in Outlook Web App- Tutorial
Manage Categories in Outlook Web App: Overview
The Outlook Web App contains some default categories, labeled with the name of a color, that allow you to label your Mail, Calendar and Task items. You can manage categories in Outlook Web App to create new categories and edit existing categories by right-clicking an item and selecting “Categorize.” Then click “Manage categories” to open a popup window.
Manage Categories in Outlook Web App- Tutorial: A picture of the “Manage categories” popup window.
You can change the color swatch for a category by clicking the downward arrow on the selected category and choosing a new color. You can delete a category by clicking the “X” on the right side of the category name. A warning popup box will open to confirm you want to delete a category. If you delete a category, any items assigned to that category will not be affected.
You can create a new category by clicking “Add new category.” A popup box will open where you will choose the color for the category and enter the name of the category. Click “OK” to save your new category.
Manage Categories in Outlook Web App: Instructions
- To create a category, right-click on a mail item and hover over “Categorize.”
- Click “Manage categories” to open a popup pane. Click “Add new category.”
- Click the dropdown arrow to choose a color for your category. Enter a name for your category in the supplied text box.
- Click “OK” to save your new category. You newly created category is added to the list.
- To delete a category, click the “X” on the right side of the category title in the “Manage categories” pane.
- Click “OK” to confirm deleting the category. Items previously assigned a category you delete will not be affected.
Manage Categories in Outlook Web App: Video Lesson
The following video lesson, titled “Creating and Managing Categories,” shows you how to manage categories in Outlook Web App. This video lesson is from our complete Outlook Web App course, titled “Mastering Outlook on the Web Made Easy v.2016.”
- The Style Inspector Pane in Word: Overview ...
- Find New Content in Shared Notebooks in OneNote...
- Open Images in Photoshop Elements: Overview ...
- Duplicate an Estimate in QuickBooks Pro: Overvi...
- Replace Color in Photoshop Elements: Overview ...
- Access 2010
- Access 2013
- Access 2016
- CPE Information for CPAs
- Crystal Reports
- Excel 2010
- Excel 2013
- Excel 2016
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Excel Training for Lawyers
- Microsoft Office Online
- Microsoft Outlook Training for Lawyers
- Microsoft Word Training for Lawyers
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
- OneNote 2013
- OneNote 2016
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook on the Web
- Photoshop Elements
- PowerPoint 2010
- PowerPoint 2013
- PowerPoint 2016
- Project 2013
- Project 2016
- Publisher 2010
- Publisher 2013
- Publisher 2016
- Quickbooks Online
- QuickBooks Training for Lawyers
- Resume Writing
- Small Business Accounting
- What's New at TeachUcomp?
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Word 2010
- Word 2013
- Word 2016
- Word Online