Remove Cell Formatting in Excel – Instructions
Remove Cell Formatting in Excel: Overview
You can remove cell formatting in Excel to clear all the currently applied cell formatting. Removing cell formatting is also called clearing cell formatting. Doing this lets you remove cell formatting that causes problems from selected cells. The contents of the cell are not affected by removing the cell formatting. Later, you can then reapply the desired formatting to the cells to ensure they appear the way you like. This lets you correct issues with cell value display that arises from improper cell formatting, but keep the cell contents.
You can clear all of the formatting from selected cells by first selecting the cells from which you want to remove all of the formatting. Then click the “Home” tab in the Ribbon. Then click the “Clear” button in the “Editing” button group. Finally, select the “Clear Formats” command from the drop-down menu that appears. Doing this then removes any and all previously applied cell formatting from the selected cells. You can then reformat the selected cells to fix their cell values displays, as desired.
Remove Cell Formatting in Excel – Instructions: A picture of a user clearing cell formatting from selected cells in an Excel workbook.
Remove Cell Formatting in Excel: Instructions
- To remove cell formatting in Excel, select the cells from which you want to remove all of the formatting.
- Then click the “Home” tab in the Ribbon.
- Then click the “Clear” button in the “Editing” button group.
- Finally, select the “Clear Formats” command from the drop-down menu that appears.
Remove Cell Formatting in Excel: Video Lesson
The following video lesson, titled “Clearing All Formatting from Cells,” shows how to remove cell formatting in Excel. This video lesson on how to clear cell formatting in Excel is from our complete Excel tutorial, titled “Mastering Excel Made Easy v.2016-2013.”
- Import Files to the Organizer in Photoshop Elem...
- Convert a Quote in Sage 50: Overview ...
- Guided Edit Mode in Photoshop Elements: Overvie...
- Bounced Checks in QuickBooks Pro: Overview ...
- Camera Raw Tools in Photoshop Elements: Overvie...
- Access 2010
- Access 2013
- Access 2016
- CPE Information for CPAs
- Crystal Reports
- Excel 2010
- Excel 2013
- Excel 2016
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Excel Training for Lawyers
- Microsoft Office Online
- Microsoft Outlook Training for Lawyers
- Microsoft Word Training for Lawyers
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
- OneNote 2013
- OneNote 2016
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook on the Web
- Photoshop Elements
- PowerPoint 2010
- PowerPoint 2013
- PowerPoint 2016
- Project 2013
- Project 2016
- Publisher 2010
- Publisher 2013
- Publisher 2016
- Quickbooks Online
- QuickBooks Training for Lawyers
- Resume Writing
- Small Business Accounting
- What's New at TeachUcomp?
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Word 2010
- Word 2013
- Word 2016
- Word Online