Taxpayer Audits CPE Training Released: Overview
TeachUcomp, Inc. announces the release of our newest tutorial, “Taxpayer Audits v.1.0.” Our taxpayer audits CPE training released for CPAs and Enrolled Agents and explores the processes and procedures that take place during an IRS examination of an individual taxpayer’s return.
This training consists of video lessons, PDF instructional materials, PDF review materials, and PDF testing materials. This training is exclusively available online and offers two (2) CPE credits in the subject classification of Federal Taxation. This CPE course complies with the standards for interactive self-study as defined by NASBA and AICPA. You can visit this link to check CPE eligibility for your state.
Taxpayer Audits CPE Training Released: A picture from a video lesson within the “Taxpayer Audits” CPE course that lists the learning objectives for Chapter 1.
Taxpayer Audits CPE Training Released: Course Description
The taxpayer audits CPE training explores the processes and procedures that occur during an IRS examination of an individual taxpayer’s return. It also examines the rights of a taxpayer whose return is the subject of an IRS examination; including the right to appeal determinations made by the Internal Revenue Service. By the end of this course, you should be able to do all of the following:
- State the goal of an IRS audit when a tax return is examined.
- List five broad reasons that a taxpayer’s return might be selected for audit.
- Discuss two ways that a taxpayer might become aware of an IRS audit.
- Explain ways that a taxpayer can protect himself/herself from phone scams related to IRS audits and collections.
- Describe the process that takes place during an IRS examination of a taxpayer’s return.
- Describe the two broad steps that a taxpayer must take after receiving notice of an IRS audit.
- Discuss various rules related to sending correspondence and documents to the IRS.
- Explain how a taxpayer makes additional payments of tax after an audit.
- List basic taxpayer rights and describe the rights that are especially relevant during an audit.
- Interpret the rules related to a taxpayer’s right to representation during an audit.
- Explain how IRS Form 2848 is completed and filed.
- Describe the process by which a taxpayer appeals a proposed adjustment of tax within the IRS appeals system.
- Discuss how a taxpayer may petition outside courts to resolve a tax dispute with the IRS.
Taxpayer Audits CPE Training Released: How to Purchase
To take the taxpayer audits CPE training, subscribe to one of our CPE online learning packages. Students who want to purchase courses separately can buy an individual course subscription for $50 for one year. You can find subscription information in the product page for the individual course at this link.
Students who want to subscribe to all of our online CPE courses can purchase our online CPE package. This gives you access to all of our CPE courses for $199 for an entire year! You can learn more about this option at the following link:
Online CPE Subscriptions at TeachUcomp, Inc.